Friday, March 11, 2005

Yes, again

I'm so proud of myself. Today I was inspired. I came up with a new joke. All on my own.

And it's funny, too. (sorta) (at least it's better than the other ones I've tried to pass off as funny.)

Here goes:

The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) is just one of many groups of people that oppose capital punishment. (You know, the death penalty.) They organize protests at various places, like the White House or maybe even actual judicial courts, saying things like "No More Capital Punishment".

Anyway, one day the central organization of the ACLU fires the chairperson of a local chapter. Of course, the people in that chapter are upset, because they really liked the guy. They decide to peacefully protest his dismission, and argue to reinstate him. They even go to the headquarters of the ACLU and protest waving signs about. What do the signs say?

"Bring Back The Chair"!

Well, that's all I have for today. Join me next week, when I do something I haven't done since...I last posted...(here's a hint: nah I don't feel like giving you a hint)

Until next time, remember: Never say "always"--Always say "never".

---TDM

No comments: