Friday, April 08, 2005

Further Along

I've ceased work on the cards API, primarily because I finished it. I did a version of Solitaire called Klondike as a card game, but I didn't program in how to display it and play it (the GUI is what I left out). I didn't feel like doing that just yet...

So instead I've been working on a language API, for a future artificial intelligence. My goal is to have the computer string together words to form sentences, in response to things I say to it. Right now I'm just doing the basis of languages, the parts of speech. More later if anything develops.

There really isn't anything else to report quite yet on my front...

And the Pope is dead! I can understand why so many people are sad, distraught, and considering who to elect as the next Pope, but he's a religious figure! Why is every flag I see at public institutions lowered to half-mast, signaling that the state (meaning: government) is mourning? Whatever happened to the separation of church and state? If the president is shot (like JFK), then sure, by all means, lower the flag. If planes are hijacked and crash into the World Trade Center, killing lots of people, then yes, you may lower the flag. But the Pope is not affiliated with the USA, so the flag should not be lowered as such.

And why the heck does the president want to attend his funeral?

This is why people were afraid of electing a Catholic president: they thought America would become an instrument of the Church. Well, good ol' George Dubya Bush has made that all possible now. After all, all elections are based primarily on religious morals, and the attempt to interfere with Terri Schiavo proves it. Now, Bush is making decisions based on his religion, which is clearly against our Constitution. He has cut stem cell research, and is attempting to outlaw abortion and take away the rights of homo/bisexual human beings, because his religion forbids such practices, while all Christians believe in the saying:

"Love thy neighbor as thyself."

Isn't it interesting how Americans interpret this as "Love thy neighbor, who is like thyself, as thyself"? You exclude other human beings, saying that they are not human, or less than human. You discriminate against any not like yourself. This is why there were so many Civil Rights movements that still are around, because you still deny people rights. And you seek to deny even more rights to people who are not like you?! This is all I have to say to you:

You are the root of social injustice.

Until next time, remember: "All animals are equal, though some are more equal than others."--George Orwell, Animal Farm

---TDM

No comments: