Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Stuff Done

And hello again! I've been thinking about working on the save/load portion of my Chess program, but that involves using either the Serializable interface or something I have to come up with myself.

And here's my problem with the Serializable interface: the Board object stores references to its Pieces and each Piece object has a reference to the Board. The Player object stores references to its Pieces, and each Piece object has a reference to its Player.

I think I'll have to come up with my own way of encoding these objects. Using Serializable will probably be too much work.

And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of making "invitations" to come either here or to my site...hmmm...

I think I should go work on my site right now.

Until next time, remember: All roads lead to mental institutions.

---TDM

No comments: